[tex-live] shouldn't biber be a dependency of biblatex ?

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Thu May 19 13:55:30 CEST 2016

Hi,

following on David's report today I wanted to check on mac os x, but I not installed bib-related stuff.

tlmgr info --list biblatex reports

> BibLaTeX uses its own data backend program called "biber" to read and process the bibliographic data. With biber, BibLaTeX has many features rivalling or surpassing other bibliography systems.

but there is no mention of biber executable in the produced list.

And indeed after tlmgr install biblatex, the biber executable is not installed.

Expected ?

Best

Jean-François