[tex-live] luaotfload not in latex-recommended

texlive at schoepfer.info texlive at schoepfer.info
Mon May 16 11:27:43 CEST 2016

> It thus appears that if fontspec is included in latex-recommended
> then also luaotfload, lualibs, luatex-def and xunicode should be
> because they are dependencies of fontspec under lualatex, and
> one basic+latex-recommended as such does not provide xelatex
> which is the other thing one could use with fontspec.

If fontspec and xunicode would be a dependency of collection-lualatex
rather than of collection-latexrecommended,
your problem would have been solved by installaing scheme-basic and
collection-lualatex.
This seems for me to be the most obvious approach if someone wants
to have a small luatex-capable texlive installation.

Johannes