[tex-live] tlmgr-gui.exe crashes on XP

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Mon May 9 21:37:03 CEST 2016

On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 04:52:50PM +0200, Uwe Siart wrote:
> When I try to start TeX Live Manager from the start menu it crashes on
> an XP machine (i.e. an error window appears and the program aborts).
>
> This is a minor issue to me (tlmgr command line user) and XP is
> certainly a legacy OS. But wanted to let you know.

Ok. Without promising an in--depth analysis I do have some questions:

- was this an admin install?
- was tlmgr-gui started with the same permissions as the installer?
- did the error box give any information such as an error number, or
  does it have a button for more information? In which case a
  screenshot might help.
- If you try to run tlmgr-gui from a command prompt, do you get e.g.
  backtrace information which you can show us?

--
Siep Kroonenberg