[tex-live] xdvi on mac os

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sat Jun 18 10:44:40 CEST 2016

Hi,

on mac os x  10.9.5, XQuartz 2.7.8 (xorg-server 1.16.4)

I have a problem with xdvi. Unfortunately I can't recall last time I used it. There is no backup available from tlmgr retore (besides, when the pretest period ended, I removed all backups).
$ tlmgr restore xdvi.x86_64-darwin
Available backups for xdvi.x86_64-darwin:

(nothing)

Now, from an xterm launched in XQuartz

$ which xdvi
/Library/TeX/texbin/xdvi

$ xdvi &
[1] 55250

$ dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/X11/lib/libXt.7.dylib
  Referenced from: /Library/TeX/texbin/xdvi-xaw
  Reason: image not found

[1]+  Trace/BPT trap: 5       xdvi

After reverting to TL2015, works fine. (without even re-launching xterm).

State of memory makes it impossible for me to say if I tested during pretest or since. I believe Yes for pretest-period, but not sure.

The XQuartz as stated above is the 2.7.8, not the 2.7.9.

Best

Jean-François