[tex-live] 64-bit binaries for OpenIndiana 11: success

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 23:18:32 CEST 2016

On 13 June 2016 at 17:07, Nelson H. F. Beebe <beebe at math.utah.edu> wrote:
> I've just successfully built 64-bit binaries for TeX Live 2016 on
> OpenIndiana 11.  The first attempt with -m64 added to CFLAGS and
> CXXFLAGS failed:
>
>         gmake[6]: Leaving directory `/local/build/c89/texlive-20160513/source/Work/libs/luajit/native'
>
>         native/buildvm -m bcdef -o lj_bcdef.h lib_base.c lib_math.c lib_bit.c lib_string.c lib_table.c lib_io.c
>         lib_os.c lib_package.c lib_debug.c lib_ji\
>         t.c lib_ffi.c
>
>         native/buildvm -m ffdef -o lj_ffdef.h lib_base.c lib_math.c lib_bit.c lib_string.c lib_table.c lib_io.c
>         lib_os.c lib_package.c lib_debug.c lib_ji\
>         t.c lib_ffi.c
>
>         Error: pointer size mismatch in cross-build.
>
>         Try: make HOST_CC="gcc -m32" CROSS=...
>
> I deleted the source/Work directory and tried again:
>
>         % env TL_CONFIGURE_FLAGS='--disable-luajittex --disable-mfluajit' \
>                 ./build-texlive-2016.sh -m64 texlive-20160513

You can check my notes at
    http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/doc/README.solaris?view=markup

If you want to build LuaJIT, you need to use
    export CC="/path/to/gcc -m64"
    export CXX="/path/to/g++ -m64"
rather than setting those variables in CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS. I would say
that's due to a bug in LuaJIT's configuration, but at the moment this
is the only way to get the two additional binaries.

> Here are the executables that use those OpenCSW libraries:
>
>         libGL                   asy
>         libGLU                  asy
>         libOSMesa               asy
>         libglut                 asy
>         libncurses              asy
>         libreadline             asy
>         libsigsegv              asy

You cannot avoid dependency on OpenGL anyway unless you want a
"featureless" Asymptote.

>         libz                    asy asy xelatex xelollipop xetex

In my case libz came from the OS:

> ldd xetex
        libfontconfig.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
        libsocket.so.1 =>        /lib/libsocket.so.1
        libm.so.2 =>     /lib/libm.so.2
        libc.so.1 =>     /lib/libc.so.1
        libfreetype.so.6 =>      /usr/sfw/lib/libfreetype.so.6
        libz.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libz.so.1
        libexpat.so.0 =>         /usr/sfw/lib/libexpat.so.0
        libnsl.so.1 =>   /lib/libnsl.so.1
        libmp.so.2 =>    /lib/libmp.so.2
        libmd.so.1 =>    /lib/libmd.so.1
        libscf.so.1 =>   /lib/libscf.so.1
        libdoor.so.1 =>  /lib/libdoor.so.1
        libuutil.so.1 =>         /lib/libuutil.so.1
        libgen.so.1 =>   /lib/libgen.so.1
        /platform/SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220/lib/libc_psr.so.1
        /platform/SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220/lib/libmd_psr.so.1

>         libgcc_s                amstex asy bibtexu cfftot1 cslatex csplain      \
>                                 dvilualatex dviluatex eplain etex               \
>                                 jadetex latex lollipop lualatex                 \
>                                 lualollipop luatex mex mllatex mltex            \
>                                 mmafm mmpfb otfinfo otftotfm                    \
>                                 pdfcslatex pdfcsplain pdfetex                   \
>                                 pdfjadetex pdflatex pdfmex pdftex               \
>                                 pdftosrc pdfxmltex t1dotlessj t1lint            \
>                                 t1rawafm t1reencode t1testpage                  \
>                                 teckit_compile texlua texluac texsis            \
>                                 ttftotype42 upmendex utf8mex xelatex            \
>                                 xelollipop xetex xmltex
>
> Regrettably, the -lgcc_s dependence is present in far too many
> executables, so users of these binaries will need to install several
> OpenCSW packages.

I didn't get any dependency on libgcc_s at all. I assume that must
have something to do with the way you used or installed the compiler.

Mojca