[tex-live] [luatex] lltxplatform integration

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 14:39:02 CEST 2015

This discussion is really interesting for me, as I am the author of
experimental Harfbuzz module (resp. LuaLaTeX package for binary
library copied from SILE).

Isn't possible to use Luarocks to distribute binary modules? This
unfortunately means that user would need to install luarocks and then
modules by hand, but it's better than nothing.

I have in mind two possible approaches:

1. use standard Luarocks and use modified module loader to load
libraries. I used this approach in one answer on TeX.sx:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/219228/2891

the problem is that we probably don't have access to paths used by
Luarocks from LuaTeX, maybe we can extract them using
io.popen("luarocks path","r") and parsing the output?

2. use modified version of Luarocks and install binary packages
directly in $CLUAINPUTS

The first option seems more realistic to me.

Michal