[tex-live] Install TeX Live 20130914 failed

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 17 17:42:43 CEST 2013

Arthur Reutenauer <arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org> wrote:

> >                                                           If there
> > are no available patterns (which comes as something of a surprise :
> > Hebrew is hardly a minority language)

but it appears that those, who want to write it in tex, don't care about
hyphenation.  (as otherwise they would have collected data and submitted
it to the "keepers of hyphenation patterns" via the tug mailing list.

>   There are no available patterns for Arabic either: does that come as a
> surprise to you?

not to me, for sure.  the actual _letters_ of arabic have built-in
stretchability.  (i've actual experience of that, having seen saudi air
navigation charts, with names stretched along the whole length of a
long wadi (or whatever the name is).)

(it can be a truly beautiful language, when written by a good scribe; i
can't read a word of it, but can still perceive the grace of the
writing.)