[tex-live] yhmath confusion

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 1 15:58:16 CEST 2013

Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:

> While trying to answer a question on the miktex list I found out
> that the yhmath package is quite confusing:
>
> 1. The search of CTAN point to
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/yhmath
>
> (no dtx, no mf, but a sty and as type1 font a pfa, but no map-file)
>
> 2. There are files also here
> http://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/yhmath/
>
> (dtx and so mf but no type1 font)

i keep putting off work on these two things.  i guess yannis is
sufficiently far off, now, that he'll not notice -- but i need to try to
contact him, anyway.

> 3. And TeXLive 2013 includes a pfb and map-file. But I couldn't find
> out its source
> 2013/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/yhmath/yhcmex.pfb
> 2013/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/yhmath/yhmath.map
>
> Could someone sort this out? Where do the pfb and the map in TL 2013
> come from?
>
> (I really miss the file search on CTAN)

development of the ctan web site is all done in germany ... so you're
ideally placed to pursue its re-creation. :-}

personally, i have a script the searches for its argument in
FILES.byname

robin