[tex-live] yhmath confusion

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Jul 1 17:44:30 CEST 2013

Am Mon, 1 Jul 2013 14:58:16 +0100 schrieb Robin Fairbairns:

> Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:
>
>> While trying to answer a question on the miktex list I found out
>> that the yhmath package is quite confusing:
>>
>> 1. The search of CTAN point to
>> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/yhmath
>>
>> (no dtx, no mf, but a sty and as type1 font a pfa, but no map-file)
>>
>> 2. There are files also here
>> http://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/yhmath/
>>
>> (dtx and so mf but no type1 font)
>
> i keep putting off work on these two things.  i guess yannis is
> sufficiently far off, now, that he'll not notice -- but i need to try to
> contact him, anyway.

Thanks. If I can do anything (e.g. test the files to check if
everything is there and working) tell me. Btw: During my
investigations about the package I tried the pfa and it didn't work.
Adobe reader complain that it couldn't extract the glyphs. So imho
one should replace it if possible by the pfb used by texlive.

>> (I really miss the file search on CTAN)

> development of the ctan web site is all done in germany ... so you're
> ideally placed to pursue its re-creation. :-}

Germany is large and Dante e.V. is far away ;-)

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/