[tex-live] So far.....expensive failure

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Mon Feb 18 09:05:02 CET 2013

It's just a modified version of siebs win32client script

Will post more when I'm back at a computer

/ daleif - Nexus 7

Denis Bitouzé <dbitouze at wanadoo.fr> skrev:

Le vendredi 15/02/13 à 14h52,
Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> a écrit :

> hmm, my idea for cloning TL on windows, might be usefui here. I'll
> see if I can make some files available during my vacation. Cloning
> might be a lot faster for students as they only have to copy a
> (large) zip file, unpack it, run a script and one with have something
> almost identically to what one would have if one had used the net
> installer.
>
> Then at least one does not have to wait for the installer to install
> every single package.

It could be nice indeed, except that the installation step would be
hidden to newbies.

Could you precise how these files would be built and what would they
contain?
--
Denis