[tex-live] So far.....expensive failure

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 16:02:22 CET 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> Anyway, once you know how to build the
> installer from the svn working copy it is up to you whether you will
> provide the mounted version or an iso image.

Building it from contents on CTAN (tar.xz files) is more
straightforward than creating it from SVN.

I'm still speculating, but I kind of believe that a shell script with
a few lines of code should do it. Something like
    rsync -av --delete rsync://<URL>/systems/texlive/tlnet/ name-of-local-folder
(with any rsync mirror from http://ctan.org/mirrors/) should give you
all that's needed for creating an ISO file.

The ISO files comes with a bit more files: autorun.inf, index.html,
some LICESE files, sources, documentation, ... But if there is
interest this could easily be accounted for and creating an iso file
with the lastest version could be nearly trivial (if there is interest
for creating own iso images of course).

Mojca