[tex-live] utf-8 encoding in outline

Semen Trygubenko / Семен Тригубенко semen at trygub.com
Wed Dec 18 18:14:22 CET 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 03:56:43PM +0000, Philip Taylor wrote:

> Lars Madsen wrote:
>
> > Ulrikes suggestion works fine for me
> >
> > no idea though why the unicode options is not needed
>
> Presumably because XeTeX is being used, which uses utf-8 as its
> native encoding.
>
> Philip Taylor

Much obliged — it worked for me!

Off topic, FWIW, but … sometimes it takes a little while to receive email from people I haven't corresponded with before, so I end up browsing, e.g. http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2013-December/ , in the interest of speed.

I couldn't help noticing just now that some of the messages, e.g. from the previous thread with subject "enquiry regarding Ukrainian …" are not there, e.g. this one (attached).

Is there some sort of incorrect CCing, or, perchance, this is a mail server misbehaviour? Other people in CC received it as I've got replies back … These replies didn't make it across, either …

Once again — many thanks, everybody, and Ulrike in particular, for helping me sort this out!

--
Семен Тригубенко http://trygub.com