[tex-live] texindy problems on Win7 (UNC paths?)

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Wed Apr 17 11:48:25 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 08:39:28AM +0000, Lars Madsen wrote:
> It might be a bit too late to report this problem, but then at least it is added to the archives.
>
> In the fall many of our researchers got new Win7 computers which are domain controlled. Among other things this means that their Documents folder is transparently mapped onto a network folder (UNC folder) on a file server.

The official term is folder redirection: selecting a non-default
location for e.g. the user profile or the documents folder. The term
mapping means assigning a drive letter to a UNC path. If you type
`net use' in a command prompt then you get to see all these
mappings.

So what is the output of net use on an affected system?

BTW. If possible, copy-and-paste the text from the command prompt
rather than attaching a screendump.

--
Siep Kroonenberg