[tex-live] auto-remove (was: Bidi is gone!?)

Maxwell, Adam R adam.maxwell at pnnl.gov
Tue Apr 2 19:32:16 CEST 2013

On Apr 2, 2013, at 09:32, Martin Schröder wrote:

> Could we then please get an option during installation to set
> auto-remove to false? And make auto-remove easily configurable from
> the gui?

TeX Live Utility allows setting this as a preference, but I don't
think it changes the tlmgr command-line behavior. Sounds like that
is an option I should add. It's off by default for symmetry with
tlmgr's default, but I've had complaints about that.

Question for Norbert: does auto-backup preserve packages that are
removed, even if they've never been updated?

thanks,
Adam