[tex-live] [libertine]: libertine.sty in wrong dir

Thu Sep 27 16:40:28 CEST 2012

Am 27.09.2012 16:19, schrieb Bob Tennent:

>   >|there should be a libertine.sty which provides compatibility!
>   >|I have thousends (!) of example files which uses this package
>   >|and I suppose a lot of other users too.
>
> Herbert: And are you going to provide such a package? Your current
> package does *not* provide compatibility for thousands of options,
> macros, features and even whole fonts (outline, shadow) of the original
> libertine.sty. It's great that *your* "thousands of files" apparently
> don't need those features but other users' files likely do. Instead of
> simply installing the compatibility style that works for you in *your*
> tex system, you've now imposed it on TeXLive. I hope you're prepared as
> maintainer to deal with complaints from other users. There *is* a simple
> solution to the compatibility issue: users who can't use the new type1
> packages should install libertine-legacy from CTAN.

An installation of libertine-legacy should go into $TEXMFLOCAL,
the reason why the libertine.sty from that package will be used.

> BTW, it will *not* be possible to make the new type1 packages fully
> compatible with libertine-legacy; for example, upstream no longer
> supports outline and shadow fonts.

that is not my point. There were a lot of users who used the
libertine and biolinum with a simple \usepackage{libertine}.

Herbert