[tex-live] Windows installer of Tex Live 2012 pretest points still to Tex Live 2011 repository?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Jun 24 17:56:59 CEST 2012

On 2012-06-24 at 14:49:35 +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:

 > On So, 24 Jun 2012, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
 > > Yes.  You have to run "tlmgr update --self" first.  This replaces
 > > TLConfig.pm by the 2012 version.
 > >
 > > You can even upgrade from 2010 if you change $ReleaseYear in
 > > TLConfig.pm manually.
 >
 > Reinhard, what are you talking?
 >
 > Please do NOT do this.

Sorry, Norbert, I already did and am using an "upgraded TL2011" for
production for a while. I didn't encounter any problems so far.

 > There are some more steps to be taken!!!! See the pretest page with
 > not-suggested proceudre. Some files have to be removed!!

Didn't find anything related on the pretest page.  Which files do you
mean?

 > Argg ... don't spread such things Reinhard, here on hte list,
 > without confirming it.

I did it myself, so it wasn't just a guess.  Of course, I couldn't
test everything...

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25