[tex-live] Problems with texlive install on MacOS X 10.4.11

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sat Feb 11 23:34:20 CET 2012

On Feb 11, 2012, at 13:07 , Yannis Haralambous wrote:

> I tried to install texlive 2011 on an Intel Mac running MacOS X 10.4.11.

[...]

As you found out, TL 2011 for Mac OS X requires 10.5.8 or later.  The
requirements are noted here:

http://www.tug.org/mactex/2011/

Presumably you used the UNIX install script?  The MacTeX package should
have kept you from installing it on an incompatible system.

> The Mac was previously running texlive 2007 (which I stupidly erased and now the owner of the Mac is in deep trouble because she cannot run any TeX anymore).

Old MacTeX is still available:

http://www.tug.org/mactex/2011/faq/3-4.html

hth,
Adam