[tex-live] freezing soonish

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon May 9 23:01:00 CEST 2011

2011/5/9 Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:
>    Should I prepare test files so that it can be
>    fixed in binaries for TL2011?
>
> Yes please.  (I don't even know what you mean by "black overprint", so
> I'm pretty lost at the moment.)  I'll take care of communicating with
> ChoF et al.

Black overprint is an important feature for prepress. If you print
something with black over some color, you have two options, either
erase the color below the black object or keep the color and overprint
the black over it. There are PDF instructions for selecting the mode.
Usually if you print black text or thin black lines over light colors,
overprint gives better results. Currently zwpagelayout can do it with
dvips and pdftex. If the problem is fixed with (x)dvipdfm(x), it will
be available in XeLaTeX too.

> Thanks,

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/