[tex-live] TL2011pretest - Context MkIV not running

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jun 8 14:23:48 CEST 2011

Howdy,

I'm not a context user but I do have some tests that I run. The file, for context MkIV, compiled fine under TL-2010 but I get the following error message under TL-2011:

mtxrun          | forcing cache reload
resolvers       | resolving | configuration files already identified
resolvers       | resolving | skipping configuration file 'selfautoparent:/texmfcnf.lua' (no content)
resolvers       | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)
resolvers       | resolving |
mtxrun          | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
resolvers       | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers       | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembered file 'mtx-context.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
mtxrun          | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

If, as has been suggested, I change texmfcnf.lua by replacing

return { TEXMFCACHE = '~/Library/texlive/2011/texmf-var' }

with

return {
      content = {
      TEXMFCACHE = '~/Library/texlive/2011/texmf-var',
      TEXMFHOME  = '~/Library/texmf',
      },
}

the first error lines go away but I'm still left with the last line,

mtxrun          | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

so the file is not compiled.

I'm running TL2011pretest on a Mac using the x86_64-darwin binaries as installed by MacTeX-2011pretest.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)