[tex-live] [pretest] xetex cannot handle pstricks

Dohyun Kim nomosnomos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 10:00:24 CEST 2011

2011/6/3 Akira Kakuto <kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp>:

> It looks like I introduced the bug in xdvipdfmx,
> and probalby also in dvipdfmx.
> Very sorry for my mistake. I'm investigating the problem.
> But I'm not on Unix, so I asked Peter to fix the bug.
> The bug must be in the new function exec_spawn()
> in dpxfile.c.

Yes. dvipdfmx also has a problem.

Some more information for your bug tracking:
When compiling a dvi file by a command like this

dvipdfmx -D "rungs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sPAPERSIZE=a0
-sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dCompatibilityLevel=%v -dAutoFilterGrayImages=false
-dGrayImageFilter=/FlateEncode -dAutoFilterColorImages=false
-dColorImageFilter=/FlateEncode -sOutputFile=%o %i -c quit" test.dvi

that is without ' (quote) characters around file names in -D option,
dvipdfmx now successfully includes eps files; and pstricks issue
has disappeared as well.

Best,
--
Dohyun Kim