[tex-live] BUG? ps2pdf fails on WinXP.
luecking at uark.edu
Fri Feb 18 21:27:50 CET 2011
I rarely use ps2pdf but today I needed it and it failed.
(Windows XP, SP3) It is impossible for me to determine when
it might have begun to fail, but the file in question
(ps2pdf.tlu) has today's date and contains the line
$Id: ps2pdf.tlu 21278 2011-02-04 01:28:00Z reinhardk $
Some experimentation yields the following behavior for several
different command lines. (The statement "works" means a correct
pdf is produced and no error messages occur.)
1. "ps2pdf myfile.ps" produces the following error message:
argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
2. "pstopdf myfile.ps" (alternative program) works, but is slow
3. "ps2pdf.bat myfile.ps" (invokes the non-TL ghostscript
batch file version) works
4. "ps2pdf myfile.ps myfile.pdf" (explicit outfile) works
5. "ps2pdf .\myfile.ps" and "ps2pdf ./myfile.ps" both work.
The problem would appear to be in the definition of the
function filename(), but I am not a texlua programmer.
Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences
More information about the tex-live