[tex-live] synctex patches in TeX Live

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 20:45:33 CEST 2011

Dear list,

I'm remotely following TeX Live development (I don't know much of the
details), but I remember people complaining about problems with
synctex.

My question is: assuming that a linux distribution is releasing TeX
Live 2011 now - does it make sense to include the following patch?
    http://tug.org/svn/texlive?view=revision&revision=23644
(or any other patch) or is this patch only for the most recent builds?

Please - there is no need to argue whether it makes sense for a linux
distribution to randomly apply after-tl-2011-release patches. I would
only like to know if this fixes a broken functionality in TL 2011 or
not. I'm aware that one could spend an arbitrary amount of time
bugfixing all other latex packages that might be broken, but sadly TL
doesn't provide any bugfix release with the most critical bugs being
fixed.

Thank you,
    Mojca