[tex-live] TL 2010: fontspec / setmainfont and coloured text

LK skorja at gmx.net
Sat Sep 25 19:35:16 CEST 2010

Raphael Schweizer <rschweizer <at> schweizer-informatik.ch> writes:

> Hi list
>
> Yesterday I updated my TL installation and now coloured text won't work as
> it used to:
>
> % !TEX TS-program = xelatex
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmainfont{Arial}
> \usepackage{xcolor}
> \begin{document}
> \textcolor{red}{coloured text?!} % works only if setmainfont is NOT used
> {\addfontfeature{Color=red}coloured text?!} % works only if setmainfont IS
> used
> \end{document}
>
> Other packages which use colours (e.g. listings) won't work as well.
>
> Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
>
> Regards, Raphael

It seems I got the same problem with MikTex (that was also updated). In my case
I came along the problem with the links generated with hyperref were not colored
anymore.

As a quick and dirty solution I fixed it with redefining

\renewcommand{\textcolor}[2]{{\addfontfeature{Color=#1}#2}}
\renewcommand{\color}[1]{\addfontfeature{Color=#1}}

This solution is probably not really good but it works in my case (the links are
colored again).