[tex-live] musixtex in texlive-2010

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 24 10:30:19 CEST 2010

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> On Do, 23 Sep 2010, Bob Tennent wrote:
> > The T-114 rev. 4 release is the most recent and is available here:
> >
> > http://icking-music-archive.org/software/indexmt6.html
> >
> > But why re-do what Jindrich Novy at Red Hat (jnovy at redhat.com) has
> > already done: package up musixtex and friends in tex-live-2010
> > compatible packages. I pointed him to the Icking site in April.
>
> But why not clear up the mess on CTAN, remove all the packages
> around there and upload the current one?
>
> That would be definitely the best idea, not only for TeX Live users,
> but in general?
>
> Can you do that?

if that question is addressed at me, no.  i don't have the time to sort
out what of the mess on the web site is relevant; i have proposed that
those involved submit a replacement, but there's been no time for a
response to that.

i would recommend taking this discussion off the tex live list, since
most members are probably already thinking they wish we would go away.
musixtex is of minuscule interest to most tex users.

robin