[tex-live] Bug report about pdftex

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 26 18:03:05 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 08:47:01PM +0900, Chang-Seong Moon wrote:

> I've just installed texlive 2010 via internet on my scientific linux4. And
> when I tried to compile the moderncv template which comes from below, some
> error message is show like below.
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/moderncv/examples/templ
> ate.tex
>

> ! Package hyperref Error: Wrong driver option `pdftex',
> (hyperref)                because pdfTeX in PDF mode is not detected.
>
> See the hyperref package documentation for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.3855 \ProcessKeyvalOptions{Hyp}
>

> So could you fix this error?

Use "pdflatex" instead of "latex".

`moderncv.cls' loads package `hyperref' with option `pdftex'.
The class shouldn't do that unless it *requires*
pdfTeX in PDF mode. Therefore I have CCed the class author.
There are other errors in the class file:
Settings of baseurl, pdfpagemode, pdfstartpage are too late
to have an effect.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek