[tex-live] $TEXMFHOME not working right

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon May 17 10:48:54 CEST 2010

Le 17/05/2010 02:27, Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
> On 17 May 2010 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
>
>  > I'm sorry, but I still disagree, and I don't feel like engaging in
>  > a lengthy discussion about that now.
>
> Did you read my previous mail at all???????

I did. That was the purpose (obviously missed) of my reply: let you know that I
read your mail.

> Yeah, let's add TEXMFHOME to TEXMFDBS again.  This solves many
> problems.

It would re-introduce other problems. You probably think the problems it would
solve are greater than the problems it would introduce, apparently we don't
weight problems the same way.

>  Do you think that *I'm* interested in endless discussions?

Not at all, I never said that. Your points are interesting and would deserve a
detailed reply, I just don't feel like discuss it at this point.

I see no urging reason to change (or even discuss about changing) a setting that
has been there for 3 years without creating numerous complains, right now.

> What we have now is wrong.  Definitely.  Period.

That's your opinion.

Manuel.