[tex-live] error

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 02:43:50 CEST 2010

2010/7/22 Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>:
> On 22 July 2010 Martin Schröder wrote:
>
>  > Chandrasekhar hasn't supplied enough information.
>
> Sure, there are still some open questions, but he supplied a log file,
> at least.  Hence he provided much more useful information than many
> others who ask for help on this list.
>
> The content of my previous mail was based on the information I
> retrieved from the log file he sent us.  And I'm very glad that
> Chandrasekhar sent us his log file, it's the best he could do.

So was my advice. I am familiar with RHEL based distros and I saw
several times in the past the very same conflicts between TL and TeX
coming with RHEL based Linux, and Fedora is RHEL based. I could also
asume that Fedora's TeX distro does not contain xetex, that's why it
canot cause any conflict. And why the files are loaded form Fedora TeX
directories? Either TL was installed over Fedora's TeX or TEXINPUT is
defined in the profile or the .rc file. It can be found from the
supplied log, Octopus Paula not needed here.

> Regards,
>  Reinhard
>
> --
> Reinhard Kotucha                                      Phone: +49-511-3373112
> Marschnerstr. 25
> D-30167 Hannover                              mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de
> Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the answer is NO.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz