[tex-live] error

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Jul 22 02:33:38 CEST 2010

On 22 July 2010 Martin Schröder wrote:

 > 2010/7/22 Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>:
 > > On 21 July 2010 Martin Schröder wrote:
 > >  > How did you install TeX?
 > >
 > > Good question.
 >
 > Then why don't you let him answer it instead of wasting your
 > crystal ball?

Which crystal ball???????????  I examined the log file he sent us.

 > Maybe Fedora's TeX is broken. Then it would be Fedora's problem.

Please read my mail instead of using a crystal ball.  Chandrasekhar
isn't using Fedora's TeX, at least not deliberately.  He installed TeX
Live 2010.  Again, from his log file:

 > This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.9997.3 (TeX Live 2010) (format=xelatex 2010.7.14)  19 JUL 2010 23:22

I assume that he installed TL-2010 over Fedora's TeX.  Then you can't
blame Fedora.

Your question "How did you install TeX?" is not specific enough.  I
assume that he used the TeX Live network installer.  And without being
more specific, you can't expect a more specific response.

In the reply to Phil's mail you said:

 > Chandrasekhar hasn't supplied enough information.

Sure, there are still some open questions, but he supplied a log file,
at least.  Hence he provided much more useful information than many
others who ask for help on this list.

The content of my previous mail was based on the information I
retrieved from the log file he sent us.  And I'm very glad that
Chandrasekhar sent us his log file, it's the best he could do.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25