[tex-live] [XeTeX] TeXLive Pretest - XeTeX segfaults on LInux 64

Paul Vojta vojta at math.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 15 23:15:10 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 01:41:52AM +0200, Ulrik Vieth wrote:
> Quick Update:
>
> I have finally tried to build xetex from source on my system.
> That version  does _not_ segfault unlike the version from TeX Live.

I've found the same (Debian unstable, gcc-4.4).

> That may suggest that the segfault problem may be partly due to
> library incompatibilities between different Linux distributions.
> (Ubuntu has both 64bit and 32bit versions, but uses the 64 bit
> versions by default.)

Note, however, that the system checks and will not use a 32-bit library
with a 64-bit program or vice versa.

> Nevertheless, my self-compiled version still shows incorect ouput,
> e.g. big delimiters not growing and radicals printed without a rule.
> Essentially, I am back to the exactly the  problem I reported to the
> XeTeX list on 06/06/2010 using a xetex binary from Context minimals.

Again, same here.

What is the build environment for the x86_64-linux texlive binaries?
I.e.:  cross compiling?  Which OS/distribution?  Which compiler version?

--Paul Vojta, vojta at math.berkeley.edu