[tex-live] your eqexam package

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Jul 9 15:46:26 CEST 2010

On 9 Jul 2010, at 2:35:50PM, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> no.  but then my car doesn't have a software control unit.  it's too
> old.

However, I suppose you do not have the blueprints for the mechanical design either.

> rather few people suggest that anything becomes inaccessible (and those
> that have, have been urged to moderate their language).  what is
> suggested is that some documentation will only be available on-line
> rather than from the tex live distribution.

and the package too, if the author withdraws it.

Finding, and installing, the package and its documentation
makes things awkward for ordinary users
- a bit like having to ride a bicycle.

OK, the analogy has gone too far. But what I was trying to point out was that the argument about having documentation source is an issue of principles, yet most people are prepared to be pragmatic rather than principled when the benefits are high enough. Please note that this is not aimed at anyone in particular, just an observation on human nature. I'm just trying to point out the benefits to the "ordinary user" of being pragmatic.

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof. Ralph Martin                          Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
Computer Science & Informatics             Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University                   Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath                  WWW:  http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK     VOIP: sip:17476235487 at proxy01.sipphone.com