[tex-live] your eqexam package

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Jul 9 14:28:02 CEST 2010

Am Fri, 09 Jul 2010 09:56:16 +0100 schrieb Robin Fairbairns:

>>> I'm happy that his stuff is removed from TeX Live now.
>>
>> If it makes you happy you can naturally also remove my packages. It
>> was the decision of the TeXLive team to include them and it's up to
>> the team to decide if when and how to remove them. I don't mind. I
>> put the stuff on CTAN without restrictions and everyone is free to
>> use or not to use it.
>
> note that it was don's request that his packages be removed.  the common
> case is no more than: if the documentation source is not available, the
> documentation doesn't make it to ctan.
>
> if you don't want your packages included under those terms, it's _your_
> decision to say so -- imo, a "dark hint" like the above should _not_ be
> sufficient for removing packages from tex live.

My remark was meant as a dark hint. I only wanted to point out that
members of the TeXLive don't have to sit there and hope that all
this evil packages are removed by their authors. They actively added
the packages to TeXLive and so they can actively remove them if this
makes them happy.

(And I know that Reinhard is not issuing the opinions of the TeXLive
team. Nevertheless he should consider a bit the effects of his
postings on the "image" of the TeXLive team.)

--
Ulrike Fischer