[tex-live] possible problem with thumbpdf

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Jul 5 20:51:27 CEST 2010

On 5 July 2010 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

 > Hi all,
 >
 > I just noticed lshort fails to compile with TL'2010 (running live
 > from svn).  The error seems to happen during thumbpdf's run (which
 > is surprising, because according to its banner it has not been
 > update since TL09).

My first thought was that it has something to do with ghostscript, but
it also fails with much older versions (8.15, for example).

I also created a format file with \pdfminorversion=4 because this was
changed recently, but it still fails.

It works under TL-2009.

 > Sorry for not producing a minimal example: [...]

Try this one:

  http://tug.org/~kotucha/test-thumbpdf.tar.gz

Regards,
  Reinhard