[tex-live] Something to fix?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sat Feb 27 04:03:39 CET 2010

On Feb 26, 2010, at 2:43 PM, Karl Berry wrote:

> 2. There is nothing named tlmgr_cwrapper in TeX Live and never has been,
>   as far as I can recall.  I surmise it is Adam's wrapper around tlmgr
>   for TLU.  I wonder if a name like tlu_tlmgr_wrapper would be clearer.
>   Adam, wdyt?  (Not that it's a big deal, of course.)

You are correct.  Tlmgr_cwrapper is mine; it calls setuid(geteuid()) so perl works with Apple's privileged task launching, and it also handles IPC so the main app can show output/progress.  Herb copy-and-pasted from the TLU log view, which intersperses my output with that of tlmgr and underlying utilities.  I'm not terribly motivated to rename the wrapper app at the moment, but I'll think on it.