[tex-live] tlmgr update problem

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Apr 13 16:02:36 CEST 2010

On Di, 13 Apr 2010, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
> Yeah, I know that now…but it would be nice if tlmgr marked the failed updates as such and allowed me to rerun the update command.

I would be quite surprised if updates were added to the texlive.tlpdb
without actually being done. The reason is that the .tar.xz file has
to be unpacked (xzdec failures!) followed by un-tarring and only then
the addition of the tlpobj (the new one) to the texlive.tlpdb is done.
So it *SHOULD* be in consistent state ...

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force
`In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high,
men were REAL men, women were REAL women, and small furry
creatures from Alpha Centauri were REAL small furry
creatures from Aplha Centauri.'
                 --- The Book getting all nostalgic.