[tex-live] Installation Problem

Andreas Hirsch afj at gmx.org
Wed Feb 18 23:02:00 CET 2009

Hi Steve,

quoting Andreas Hirsch, [18.02.2009 22:56 +0100]:
> Hi Adreas,
>

> The content of yours is a bit different from mine:
>
> http://members.gaponline.de/lukste/texlive-anleitung/img/tl08-1.png
>
> Mine shows like this: at the top it shows C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe

> C:\Users\garfield\Downloads\install-tl\install-tl\tlpkg\installer;C:\Progr
> am Files\ESTsoft\ALZip\;C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer;;C:\Windows\system32;
> C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio
> Shared\D
> LLShared;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared;C:\Program
> Files\C
> ommon Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\DLLShared;C:\Program
> Files\ESTsoft\ALZip;C:\Program
>  Files\ESTsoft\ALZip;C:\Program
> Files\texlive\2008\bin\win32;C:\Program\bin\win3
> 2;C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8
> ABORTED INSTALLATION FOUND: installation.profile
> Do you want to continue with the exact same settings as before (y/N):

THIS could be a hint!

Seems to me, that there is a previous TL-Installation on your system

You should take every efford to find and remove every trace of a
prevoius TL- or other TeX-Installation!

Check the enviroment variables!

> By the way, do you use Window Vista or XP?

Sreenshots are not from me but as I remember its Vista.

Andreas

--
'Die Physik erklärt die Geheimnisse der Natur nicht,
sie führt sie auf tiefer liegende Geheimnisse zurück.'