[tex-live] Migrating from Scheme: minimal to Scheme: full

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Sep 16 12:16:18 CEST 2008

On Sa, 13 Sep 2008, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
> error messages already reported, there is
> no visible activity in the TeX Live Manager
> CMD box either, whereas Install-TL makes
> good use of that box to display progress.

That are different things.
The tlmgr GUI is a separate program, a frontend for tlmgr.

The install-tl GUI is integrated into the script itself.

So the former starts tlmgr(.pl) and expects it to do the work, capturing
the stdout (and stderr) and that is all.

That is, btw, a nice project for a perl apprentice to merge these two
scripts!!! It is on my todo list for quite some time already ...

Best wishes

Norbert