[tex-live] Rsync, a different question

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Nov 7 18:28:59 CET 2008

On Fr, 07 Nov 2008, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) wrote:
> I looked at the very helpful page to which George referred
> me to see if there was a "retry" or "retries" qualifier,
> but was unable to find one.  Can anyone advise whether
> RSYNC does, in fact, support such a concept, and if so,
> how can I make my transfer more robust by exploiting it ?

On Unix one would use
	for i in 1 2 3 4 5 ; do
	  rsync ...
	done
that already does the retries, because what has been transferred in a
former run will not be re-transferred.

Best wishes

Norbert

Someone down there
is trying to kill us!'
`Terrific,' said Arthur.
`But don't you see what this means?'
`Yes. We are going to die.'
`Yes, but apart from that.'
`APART from that?'
`It means we must be on to something!'
`How soon can we get off it?'
                 --- Zaphod and Arthur in a certain death situation over
                 --- Magrathea.