[tex-live] Rsync, a different question

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Nov 7 16:52:49 CET 2008

Having just had RSYNC fall over with a

> 2008/archive/bin-dvipdfmx.hppa-hpux.tar.lzma
> rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4092 bytes: phase "unknown" [generator]: Connection reset by peer (104)rsync:
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.6/io.c(584)
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.6/io.c(1099)

I looked at the very helpful page to which George referred
me to see if there was a "retry" or "retries" qualifier,
but was unable to find one.  Can anyone advise whether
RSYNC does, in fact, support such a concept, and if so,
how can I make my transfer more robust by exploiting it ?

** Phil.