[tex-live] Which release ?

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jul 31 21:20:27 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 04:29:26PM +0100, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) wrote:

> An alternative approach would be to use
> the version number reported by (Pdf)TeX.
> TeX itself changes rarely, but over the
> period of interest I imagine that PdfTeX
> was changing all the time.  Is there, do
> you know, a record of which version of PdfTeX
> was included in each version of TeX Live since
> the former's inception ?

hyperref's README maintains a list of its versions, used in TL:

* TL 2007:      2007/02/07 v6.75r
* TL 2005:      2003/11/30 v6.74m
* TL 2004:      2003/11/30 v6.74m
* TL 2003:      2003/09/15 v6.74i
* TL 7  (2002): 2002/05/27 v6.72r
* TL 6b (2001): 2001/05/26 v6.71g
* TL 5d (2000): 2000/07/02 v6.70m
* TL 5c (2000): 2000/05/08 v6.70f
* TL 4  (1999): 1999/04/13 v6.56
* TL 3  (1998): 1998/03/25 v6.19

Thus you need another program/package to distinguish
between TL 2005 and TL 2004.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>