[tex-live] Which release ?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Jul 31 21:55:33 CEST 2008

On Do, 31 Jul 2008, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) wrote:
> >But texlive-en.pdf is already linked into
> >	Start->Programs->TeX Live 2008->TeX Live Manual (en)
> >isn't that enough?
>
> Yes, absolutely : it's just that under earlier
> releases, this was not the case, so there is
> no universal way of reaching the file ...

Ah ok, but what is the need for that? BTW, that is the documentation,
there is also a readme.en.html (and translations) which links to that
documenation and several other places with docs. I have added that to
the menu (of a new installation starting with tomorrows installer, need
for a new installer!), too.

Best wishes

Norbert