[tex-live] [Fwd: [Fwd: ec.enc, cork.enc and tcaron]]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Apr 18 00:54:37 CEST 2008

    find no cork.enc
    So, I agree, it can be removed.

I'll take your word for it.  I removed cork.enc from fontname
(http://tug.org/fontname) and TL.

I have also added ec.enc to fontname (for now, unchanged from what was
in TL 2007).

Those changes will propagate through CTAN within a couple of days.

    How we correct ~600 fonts that have anavailable tcaron glyph in the
    current distribution?

If changes need to be made to font distributions, the respective
maintainers should be contacted.  If I understand you, though, changing
ec.enc will "silently" improve the situation with no changes needed from
the font maintainers (good news for everyone).

      en.enc -> ec-old.enc
      cork.enc -> cork-old.enc

Names like *-old.enc are always a mistake.  We could rename it to
something like ectquoteright.enc.

I have asked Jacko for input regarding the glyph name changes.  He has
spent more of his life dealing with this madness than anyone else I know,
so I don't want to make changes in this area without him reviewing it.

Thanks,
Karl