[tex-live] Removal of csplain from Debian

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Sep 5 15:17:25 CEST 2007

Dear all,

I want to inform you that within the next few days the
	csplain
package as contained in texlive-lang-czechslovak will be removed from
Debian/unstable (and later on from Debian/testing).

The reason is that we waited now more than one (1) year that Petr fixes
only the license text and uploads to CTAN, as announced several times:

On Mit, 06 Sep 2006, Petr Olsak wrote:
> > Do you have a timeline for a new release?  Later this year, there will
>
> Sorry, I have had plans to do this in Jun, but I have solved more
> important things (outside TeX). I mean that my new release will only
> change the license text mentioned in csplain.ini. I don't plan more changes.
> So, my timeline is: the end of september.

This is a sad step, but I don't see any other option.

Of course, if later uploads will make csplain again distributable we
will reinclude it into the Debian TeX Live packages.

Best wishes

Norbert