[tex-live] The suggestions (from tex-d-l) (Re: Comment on Re: TeXLive-CD/DVD (Installation))

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Wed May 23 15:08:42 CEST 2007

Oliver Bandel <oliver at first.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> On that day (night) I installed a debian (via netinstaller-CD)
> for a friend. It took a while, but not very long.
> After I installed some additional programs he wanted to have,
> I said, he needs TeX also, it's an absolute MUST-HAVE.
> (It's his first Linux-PC and his first TeX-installation.)

Then I guess it's not a must have that it be TeX Live 2007.  TeXlive
2005 is available as Debian packages for etch, and installing the
texlive-full package takes less than 15 minutes for me without the
download, and the download time is limited by bandwith (or again your
DVD drive, but now there are only about 80 *deb files), in five
directories.

Regards, Frank

--
Dr. Frank Küster