[tex-live] time for another binary build?

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Wed Jan 17 17:40:25 CET 2007

"JK" == Jonathan Kew writes:

 JK> Are folks prepared to build another round of binaries before the
 JK> release?

 JK> I have a XeTeX update ready (moving to release 3.6 of the ICU
 JK> libraries, which fixes an OpenType feature-handling bug reported
 JK> with recent Adobe fonts). But I'm not sure exactly how close we
 JK> are to freezing the DVD contents, and whether there is time for
 JK> everyone to build fresh binaries. So I have not committed the
 JK> code to TL yet; any opinions on whether I should do this, or hold
 JK> it until after the release?

as for me, it's ok to rebuild again. also, i'm happy to see ICU being
upgraded. is it still a patched version?


More information about the tex-live mailing list