[tex-live] time for another binary build?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Jan 17 17:48:25 CET 2007

On 17 Jan 2007, at 4:40 pm, Vladimir Volovich wrote:

> "JK" == Jonathan Kew writes:
>  JK> Are folks prepared to build another round of binaries before the
>  JK> release?
>  JK> I have a XeTeX update ready (moving to release 3.6 of the ICU
>  JK> libraries, which fixes an OpenType feature-handling bug reported
>  JK> with recent Adobe fonts). But I'm not sure exactly how close we
>  JK> are to freezing the DVD contents, and whether there is time for
>  JK> everyone to build fresh binaries. So I have not committed the
>  JK> code to TL yet; any opinions on whether I should do this, or hold
>  JK> it until after the release?
> as for me, it's ok to rebuild again. also, i'm happy to see ICU being
> upgraded. is it still a patched version?

Yes, unfortunately so -- xetex needs some minor extensions to the  
OpenType functionality in ICU. I'm hoping to eventually have the  
necessary enhancements integrated in the main library, of course.

Karl, are you OK with initiating another binary build? You know the  
schedule best, so I'm reluctant to commit significant code right now  
unless you confirm it's OK.....


More information about the tex-live mailing list