[tex-live] Why texlivetest2007-live-20070113 won't generate ls-R file in the $HOME/texmf directory when I run texhash?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jan 16 00:25:25 CET 2007

    find that when I run the command texhash, it can't generates the ls-R
    file in the $HOME/texmf directory, I don't know the reason.

Unless your $HOME/texmf is huge (thousands of files), you should simply
remove the ls-R file there.  If you really want to keep it, you can
run  texhash $HOME/texmf  manually.  If you really want a texhash
without arguments to update it, add !!$TEXMFHOME to TEXMFDBS in
texmf.cnf.

Thanks for the report,
Karl