[tex-live] Pscryrliic Fonts for TeXLive

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Aug 21 20:02:38 CEST 2007

Edd Barrett writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > By setting TEXMFSYSVAR = $TEXMFMAIN (as some comments suggest can be
 > done), it works well. Can we see any problems with this configuration?

The main purpose of TEXMF[SYS]VAR is that in some cases the main texmf
tree is read-only.  Consider the live system where everything is on
the DVD.  In this case you need another directory tree for generated
files.

Setting TEXMFSYSVAR = $TEXMFMAIN should work.  However, I'm wondering
why the search order is wrong on your system.  Did you change
texmf.cnf yourself?

BTW, kpsewhich tells you which file is actually used, while kpsewhere
shows all files with a particular name.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25