[tex-live] compiling problems

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Oct 12 00:55:02 CEST 2006

    Hehe, it doesn't work (at least if you enable dynamic libraries).

Hmm.

    You always have to run the top-level `configure
    --enable-tetex-build', then saying `make' in the kpathsea directory
    works fine.  This bit of information I would like to have in the
    README...

Well, ok, I suppose information is good.  Installing standalone
libkpathsea (especially dynamic libraries) is not something I especially
want to encourage.  My experience is that it just causes trouble.

I'll put in something about this, somewhere.

Thanks,
karl