[tex-live] missing files for LH in TeXLive

Olga Lapko Lapko.O at g23.relcom.ru
Fri Oct 6 22:06:27 CEST 2006

Hi Werner!

Sorry for my late answer. I've got my mail only today.

> Sorry for being a pain in the neck, but the issue about the generated
> LH files in TeXLive hasn't still be solved.  I believe that files like
>    texmf-dist/fonts/source/lh/lh-t2a/laliker.mf
> must still exist, or TFM generation fails (like larm1000.tfm).
> With other words, the files created by
>   tex 99allenc.tex
> must be installed also.
I think that my latest downloading of LH fonts created some
misunderstanding.
When last version downloaded, I created two archives: lhfnt35f-source.zip
with source mf and latex files and lhfnt35f-gen-mf.zip with all _generated_
mf and latex files. During downloading I said to CTAN-folk that second
archive includes generated files and is a bit optional. In this case they
were allowed to keep this zip unpacked to safe space [But this is only 400Kb
"bonus" to 2Mb complete package]. The contents of archives explained in
manifest.txt. Maybe my explanation is somewhat vague or mislayed?
I never had a clue what file CTAN-guest looks for at first.

Best regards
Olga