[tex-live] Ruby interpreter for Windows in the TeXLive distribution?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 30 00:58:39 CEST 2006

David Kastrup wrote
> Uh, last time I looked, it ran directly from the media and that's what
> has given it its name.

yes. but I regard that as of historical interest.

I am just _amazed_ that you run TeX off a CD or DVD. I
often teach using a live Linux system, but for real life?
Oh well.
> I think we should not rule out that, say, people in Nigeria use a
> TeXlive DVD for typesetting.
now why would people in Nigeria behave any differently
from people in Germany or England?
>   Also, TeXLive makes a nice carry-along
> work environment.
well, if you say so. seems inconceivable to me. why not go the whole
hog and use a live Linux system on DVD? complete with TeX
ad lib if you want.

look ma, I'll even tell you how:
http://wiki.oss-watch.ac.uk/UbuntuDapper/Remaster

--